People have their preferences when it comes to how steak should be cooked and ate. Some prefer broiling; others prefer grilling. Whichever you prefer though, the perfect steak should look succulent and incredibly rich like the ones you can get at ‘RibnReef.’ Below are the fours ways by which steak can be cooked to near-perfection;
Pan grilling is a technique used in which the surface of the food (in this case, your steak) is cooked at a high temperature until you get caramelized or brown crust.
How to Pan-grill steak
- Use paper towels to pat dry your steaks
- Add salt and pepper seasoning.
- Using vegetable oil, grease a skillet or a cast-iron grill pan, then heat over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Add your steaks to the hot vegetable oil.
- Grill or sear each side for 2 minutes, then cook each side for 3 minutes after reducing the heat to medium.
- Serve after 5 minutes.
Broiling means to cook by exposing food(steak) to direct heat, either on a grill over hot coals or below an electric coil or a gas burner.
How to broil steak
- Use a clean towel to dry your steak.
- Allow the oven to broil for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Season your steak.
- Carefully lay steaks on the hot skillet in the oven.
- Close the oven, then grill the steaks for 3 minutes each on both sides.
- Cook using the appropriate time charts in an oven set at 500F.
- Your steaks are ready to be removed from the oven, and served after 5 minutes!
This technique entails frying food (steak) in an amount of fat or oil sufficient to cover it completely.
How to deep-fry steak
- Pat dry your steaks using paper towels.
- Heat a large pot of deep vegetable oil to 375°.
- Lower your steaks carefully into the heated vegetable oil.
- If you want to get a medium rare, cook the steak until brown for at least 5-7 minutes.
- Remove and drain, then season with salt and pepper.
- Its ready to be served
Popularly referred to as barbecue, grilling outdoor involves cooking food by applying either gas-fueled or charcoal heat from below.
How to grill steak outside
- Using paper towels, pat dry your steaks.
- Rub the steaks with little olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- If you are using a gas grill, heat the gas to heat high above medium. If you are using a charcoal grill, prepare and light the coals.
- Add your steaks when the grill becomes very hot.
- If you desire a medium rare, cook the steak for about 10-12 minutes, and make sure to turn just once.
- Serve 5 minutes later after allowing steaks to rest.